Research Continued

After all of the previous research it seemed  a bit restricted researching only into TV programs and films based or filmed during the 70s.


I decided to then look at the 70s as a whole for my research, looking at riots and ordinary pictures to see natural people and police.


Police


To begin I looked at all different kinds of police from ordinary officers to riot control, this will give me a range to choose which one I'll base one of my characters from.


Riot police
This is good as it shows the uniform and hat clearly


A good reference for the outfits and equipment used, also note glasses worn


Nightsticks seemed quite popular


London police hats


More London police


Another shot of London Police in standard uniform


While researching I came into this image from Porridge, while this is a TV show it's still useful for prison and guard outfits
More riot police with weapons
Another variation on London police


This image show American police in a different coloured shirt


The shirt colour and hat are what I'm looking for in this image for my character


This is a hat one of the characters will most likely be wearing


Police standing to attention, all wearing the same uniform and helmet
A wave of police charging
This image is good reference of the police trousers and night stick
More officers and their night sticks


This image wasn't from the 70s, but is important as it shows the uniform in some areas hasn't changed much at all


London police again, but showing different hats
This image was chosen as this is the look I'm going for, interesting that some police wore ties
Another shot of an officer wearing a tie
More officers and civilians with open shirts
This image was added again to show that I'm going to use this police officer as reference



This is a really good reference for a detective character, liking the moustache
Some more detectives


Another detective, no jacket but with a tie


Another moustache reference for detective


Another detective with large coat and no facial hair
I looked at the holster in this image in case my detective character will have one, and also the shirt and tie is good for clothing reference


Criminal


For my criminal characters I looked up bullet proof vests that they might wear, balaclavas and shifty looking guys in general. Here are some of the images I thought useful.


Shifty looking guy with shades and beard


Gang of guys, some with shades and all wearing black jackets


Thug looking guy with beady eyes and toothpick


Large open collar shirt, tucked in shirt and high pants
An image from the 60s showing that bullet proof vests have been thin before the 70s


Plain vest mostly likely used during the 70s


Another vest from the side
Vest showing that other than 'POLICE' written on the front, not much changed from small vests other than materials used




group of thugs causing chaos


Another bearded looking bad guy, large hair and coat also noted


This shows a robber wearing a balaclava and a suit, I wanted to stay away from making my robber wear a suit and balaclava like this as it's hard to tell if it's from the 70s
standard balaclava


Another thug wearing a balaclava, gloves and jacket
 Civilian


I also looked at standard civilians to get a grasp of the clothing used during the 70s period.


This is good for a large group of people and their clothes


Taking note of the guy in glasses and turtle neck, also moustache


All Male's trousers seem to be flared slightly at the bottom


Good reference for jeans and size of flare


Good hair reference and also short sleeve shirts were usually tight


Large collar and unbuttoned shirt seemed popular


I used this image to look at how a group of younger males may dress


Again another turtle neck sweater


I wanted to get reference for the guys flares and shoes


Here i wanted to reference the outfits like the guy with jeans and shirt


Another image useful for the large fair and facial hair


I found this image interesting as its just very casual and natural people 


Another reference for longer hair during the 70's

No comments:

Post a Comment