Unwrapping

So now that all of the character's had been modelled I had to unwrap them. for this I decided to use Headus' UVLaout as I found it very quick and easy to use, and also dare I say it, fun?

So before I used this program I first watched a series of video online to help me understand how to use the program, the video below is the first in the series that I watched:


After the video I found it very quick and easy unwrapping my models, this saved me a lot of time.
To unwrap I exported all of my models out as an OBJ, then imported them into UVLayout, once the models had been unwrapped I then imported them back into 3ds Max and looked at the UVs in coser detail



DETECTIVE

The first character I unwrapped was the Detective as he was the first character I finished. Below you'll see the unwrap I got from using UVLayout:

This is the head for the Detective

This is the body for the Detective

STRONG ROBBER
I now did the same thing for the Strong Robber character, below you'll see the results:
This is the head for the Strong Robber

This is the body for the Strong Robber

POLICE OFFICER
After successfully unwrapping the strong character I moved onto the last two, starting with the officer, below are the results after unwrapping:

Here is the head for the Police Officer

Here is the body for the Police Officer


SMALL ROBBER
Finally I unwrapped the Small Robber, below are the results:
This is the head for the Small Robber

This is the body for the Small Robber

No comments:

Post a Comment